Update the MRPT library within BABEL
This guide describes how to update the version of the MRPT toolkit which is included in the BABEL development kit. The most recent version of MRPT can be always found here.
The following applies to the current (May 2008) version of BABEL (Hyperion, v0.38).
- Download the latest version of BABEL from here.
- Generate the Visual Studio 6 project files following the building instructions, taking into account:
- When asked for the compiler, remember to select Visual Studio 6.
- Remember to enable the CMake switch "MRPT_BUILD_HWDRIVERS".
- Select "DISABLE_WXWIDGETS" to ON (wxWidgets does not compile under Visual Studio 6...).
- Go to the binary directory (by default MRPT/makefiles/MSVC6), open the project MRPT_ALL.dsw. For both configurations "Debug" and "Release", compile the projects "MRPT" and "hwdrivers".