Architecture:Specification of BABEL Modules
|Previous: Interfaces||Next: RPDs|
This page contains detailed information about a collection of modules and their role in the control architecture. The complete list of modules available for download is available here.
Layer 1: HAD Modules
|Module (ICE) name||Description||Implemented Driver Interfaces|
|HAD_MobileBase_Pioneer||Driver for the Pioneer3 DX/AT mobile bases, through a COM serial port and the ARIA library.||DRV_WHEELS_MOBILE_BASE, DRV_IOBOARD, DRV_BATTERY_LEVEL|
|HAD_MobileBase_Simulator||A simulated 2D mobile base.||DRV_IOBOARD, DRV_WHEELS_MOBILE_BASE, DRV_2D_RANGE_SCANNER|
|HAD_Laser_Sick_USB||Driver for the SICK laser range scanner via RS422-USB board. Hw version is JLBC/APR-05.||DRV_2D_RANGE_SCANNER|
|HAD_Laser_Hokuyo||Driver for the HOKUYO laser range scanner via a COM serial port.||DRV_2D_RANGE_SCANNER|
|HAD_GPS||Driver for COM-connected GPSs.||DRV_GPS|
|HAD_GasSensors||Driver for the custom-built e-Noses (Hardware Feb-2007).||DRV_GAS_SENSOR|
|HAD_IMU_XSens||Driver for the XSENS IMU.||DRV_IMU_SENSOR|
|HAD_Generic_Camera||Driver for any OpenCV/FFmpeg/Bumblebee camera (any camera supported by MRPT's CCameraSensor).||DRV_CAMERA_SENSOR|
Layer 2: Basic Sensory (BS) Modules
Recall that all these modules share a common IF as described in the previous section.
- Description: This module collects data from odometry, and possibly from visual odometry, etc... to provide incremental estimations of the robot pose.
- Interface: Sensory frames of objects CObservationOdometry.
- Description: This module collects images from the available cameras and:
- Provides the raw images, as CObservationImage or CObservationStereoImages objects.
- Performs real-time feature tracking from stereo images (if available) and provides the tracked landmarks as an object of the class CObservationVisualLandmarks.
- Description: This module collects data from laser range scanners, and ultrasonic sensors.
Layer 3: Sensory Detector (SD) Modules
- Description: This module detects people around the robot using sensor data from range scanners, images, etc....
- Interface: Create a new type of observation? and/or add some specific method to retrieve the detected data.
- Description: This module maintains a 3D representation of close obstacles around the robot, by fusing data from sonars, laser scanners, and stereo vision.
- Interface: TODO: Specific IF to retrieve:
- A 2D obstacle point map.
- A 2D occupancy grid.
- A 3D point cloud.